Yield: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
• 50g caster sugar
• 105g cold salted butter, cubed
• 150g plain flour
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ cup strawberry jam/jelly
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp powdered sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Place butter and sugar into a bowl and mix with your hands to form a breadcrumb like texture
2. Add sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract, then knead together gently to form a dough. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
3. Remove dough from the fridge and roll in between parchment paper to 3-5mm thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out circles before placing on a tray line with a silicone mat.
4. Freeze the tray for 30 mins, and in the meantime preheat the oven to 375˚F / 170˚C fan
5. Use a fork to prick the cookies allowing air to escape while baking. Bake the cookies for 20 mins, rotating the tray half-way through
6. Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins, then place on a wire rack for a further 20 mins
7. Use a hand-held mixer to whisk together the cream, powdered sugar and ½ tsp vanilla extract on medium speed until stiff peaks are formed
8. Place the cream into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe a ring around the edges of a cookie. Fill the center with strawberry jam/jelly and add sprinkles onto the cream, then add a cookie on top to form a sandwich.
9. Repeat with all the cookies and then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days