Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches
Created by Jamie Dinardi-Dill of Sweet Confetti
Oh sweet buttery funfetti cookies with crispy edges and a soft chewy center. Let’s double up these delicious little morsels of cookie heaven and make it a sandwich, shall we?! Filled with a funfetti flavored frosting, these cute sprinkled cookie sandwiches are bursting with rainbow color and taste.
- 2 c. Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c. Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 c. White Sugar
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 c. Party Popper Sprinkle Mix
- 1/2 c. Salted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 c. Boxed Cake Mix (White/Yellow)
- 2 c. Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Whole Milk/Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add softened butter and white and brown sugar to your mixing bowl and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and mix until combined.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Take the bowl off of the stand mixer and by hand, gently stir in rainbow sprinkles.
- Scoop 1 tbsp servings of dough, roll gently into balls and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to set on pan for 5 minutes before placing on the cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before assembling your cookie sandwiches.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add all ingredients into your mixing bowl.
- Start on a low speed and slowly increase speed to high.
- Continue to let the mixer run until frosting is fluffy and smooth.
Once cookies are cooled, pair them up and apply frosting to one side of the cookie and place the other half on top to create your cookie sandwiches.