By: Jamie of Sweet Confetti
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter
– 6 c. Mini Marshmallows
– 6 c. Rice Krispie Cereal
– 20 g. Freeze Dried Strawberries (crushed into small pieces)
– Dark Chocolate Chips
– Red Food Coloring (optional)
– Heart Cookie Cutter
– Paper Straws
– Heart Marshmallows
– In a medium saucepan, melt butter on low medium heat.
– Once butter is melted, add in mini marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are completely melted through.
– Remove from heat.
– Optional: If you’d like your treats to be a bit more red, now would be the time to add in a couple of drops of red food coloring.
– Add in Rice Krispie cereal and freeze dried strawberries and mix until combined.
– Grease a 9×9″ pan and line with parchment paper. Lightly grease parchment paper.
– Pour strawberry Rice Krispie mixture into the pan and press down so they are in one even layer.
– Allow the strawberry Rice Krispie to cool and set for approximately 1 hour.
– Once cooled, remove from pan and using a heart cookie cutter, cut out heart shaped strawberry Rice Krispie treats.
– Cut paper straws into 1.5″ pieces. Insert one straw into top right of heart and one straw into bottom left, forming a diagonal “arrow” through the heart.
– Place one heart marshmallow through the top straw, representing the arrow head.
– Take another marshmallow heart, and cut tops of heart on a diagonal to form the bottom piece of the arrow and insert on the end of the bottom straw.
– Melt dark chocolate and generously drizzle on top of the treat.
– Garnished with sprinkles.
– Allow to set and enjoy!