Cute and tasty?! Yep, sign me up! These adorable candy cane sugar cookie twists are surprisingly easy to make and are a fun festive way to get in the holiday spirit this Christmas season. A delicious family weekend activity or perhaps a girl’s night in cookie event. Whatever the reason, we think you’ll love these candy cane sugar cookie twists!
Make sure you tag us @sprinklepop.shop if you make these. Can’t wait to see!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 1/2 c. Unsalted Butter, Softened
– 3 c. White Sugar
– 4 Eggs, Room Temperature
– 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
– 5 c. Flour
– 2 tsp Baking Powder
– 1 tsp Salt
– Food Coloring (any colors you’d like to use for your candy canes)
– In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
– Beat in eggs one at a time.
– Mix in vanilla extract.
– Slowly stir in flour, baking powder and salt until dough forms.
– Separate dough into as many colors you’d like to use for your candy canes cookies and color each dough to your liking. Simply add food coloring to your dough and work in with your hands until desired shade is achieved.
– Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
– To make candy canes, take 1 tbsp balls from each of the colors you’d like for your candy cane and roll into long ropes, about 1/4 inch thick.
– Place your ropes side by side and begin twisting. Place twisted ropes on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and curve top to give you the candy cane shape.
– Lightly dampen tops of candy cane cookies and generously apply sprinkles.
– Bake at 350ºF for 5-6 minutes.
– Carefully move cookies to cooling rack and allow to set completely.